Probation Violation Lawyer in South Dakota
Have you been accused of violating the terms of your probation? A probation violation is a serious criminal charge that may result in imprisonment or extended probation. Having an experienced and aggressive legal professional on your side can make a significant impact in the outcome of your case.
About South Dakota Probation Violations
When under probation, you must follow very specific terms as a condition of your freedom. These restrictions are given to you upon release from jail or at your sentencing. There are a number of different types of probation violations, and some of these are listed below:
- Failure to report to probation officer
- Drug use
- Alcohol use
- Commission of a new criminal offense
- Association with known criminals
- Failure to appear in court
- Failure to complete court-ordered counseling or treatment
- Failure to perform community service
As a result of violating your probation, you may face jail time or imprisonment and significant fines.