South Dakota Evictions Lawyer
Experienced Eviction Attorney Brookings, SD
An eviction is a legal proceeding by which a landlord seeks to reclaim a premise (apartment or home) and remove the tenant. At the Helsper, McCarty and Rasmussen Law Firm, we represent landlords, property managers and owner’s agents in litigation to enforce the lessor’s rights under a residential or commercial lease. Our experienced legal team can also provide advice regarding the tenant screening process, notices of unpaid rent, the service of process and the terms of their lease forms.
Eviction rules vary by state or jurisdiction, so whether you are an experienced landlord managing thousands of rental units or you are simply renting out the other half of your duplex, contact an experienced attorney at Helsper, McCarty and Rasmussen Law Firm for a free initial telephone consultation.
Typical Landlord Problems
There are a variety of reoccurring problems plaguing landlords today which we can help resolve:
- Sending out eviction notices at the right times with correct language.
- Suits for possession, unlawful detainers and other eviction proceedings involving houses, apartments, or other residential rental properties.
- Effective service of process, even in the most difficult cases.
- Enforcement of lease terms and conditions with respect to occupancy, maintenance, parking, noise, pets, and other matters.
- Defense of tenant claims or counterclaims relating to habitability issues or code violations, including cases involving withheld rent.
- Commercial lease disputes.
- Collection of unpaid rent debts and judgments.
- Enforcement of leases in bankruptcy court, including relief from the automatic stay.
Our experienced legal team can also review your rental forms and practice to ensure that your background screening and tenant intake processes serve your business objective, and that all of your lease and notice forms are current and enforceable